California Consumer Privacy Statement
The website branchenindex.springerprofessional.de is not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”).
With this Statement we want to inform California consumers about how to exercise the individual rights they may have.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the CCPA.
1. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
2. Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary consideration. We may allow certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our website in exchange for non-monetary consideration.
We share categories of personal information for online advertising purposes, e-commerce and to provide third-party social network features and functionality on our website. You have the right to opt-out of this disclosure of your information, which may be considered a “sale” under California law, via cookie management in the privacy preference center of the website.
That said, due to technical limitations and in the interest of the users, we do not necessarily know the identities of all visitors to our platforms at all times based on the settings they adopt. Your opt-out of cookies setting would only apply to the browser and device you are currently using as we do not make any attempts to link devices you use. If you clear cookies or if you use a new browser or device, your opt-out cookie may no longer be available. As a result, in those situations we may still ask that you authorize the “sale” of your personal information when you visit our platforms, by asking you to accept cookies, within 12 months after you opt out the “sale” of your information.
3. Data of minors
Our websites are not directed at minors, and we do not knowingly collect, much less sell, any personal information from minors under the age of 16 through our websites. However, if the parent or the guardian of a minor under 16 years old believes that the minor has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that minor should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the deletion of this information from our files.
4. How to Submit a Request
To submit an access or deletion request, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-777-4643 and indicate what you wish to access and what you wish to have deleted.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.