This is the data protection declaration ("declaration") for the website branchenindex.springerprofessional.de, which is operated and provided by Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Abraham-Lincoln-Str. 46, 65189 Wiesbaden firstname.lastname@example.org (we, us and our).
We process the personal data collected via this website exclusively as laid down in this declaration. Further below you will learn how we process your personal data, for what purposes they are processed, with whom they are shared and what control and information rights you may have.
I. Summary of our processing activities
The following summary briefly describes the processing activities on our website. If you visit our website for information purposes without setting up a user account, only limited personal data will be processed in order to display the website to you (see III below).
- Personal data is all information about a living person that can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by the assignment to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data or an online identifier.
- processing is any operation related to personal data, such as collection, recording, organization, arrangement, storage, adaptation or alteration, disclosure or any other type of use.
If you visit our website for informational purposes, i.e. without registering for one of the services offered by us under IV and without providing us with personal data in any other way, we may collect additional information about you automatically. automatically additional information about you, which contains personal data only in limited cases and is automatically collected by our server, such as\:
- Your device type, name and screen resolution;
- Information about your browser version;
- Information about your operating system, including your language settings;
- Date and time of your inquiries;
- Contents of your inquiries;
We only use this information to be able to offer you our services effectively (e.g. through the use of our website). For example, by tailoring our website to the needs of your device or by allowing you to log in to our website) and by compiling comprehensive demographic data to compile anonymous statistics about the use of our website.
We need the automatically collected personal data for the provision of our website, art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO, and for our legitimate interest in ensuring the stability and security of the website, art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Automatically collected personal data will be stored for 14 months and then deleted.
OUR WEBSITE Registration for our services
Our website offers supplier search incl. bookmarkings, self maintenance of company entries, contacting suppliers, selection-based alerts, whitepaper downloads. To be able to use the above services, you must create a user account. When you create a user account and subsequently use it, we process\:
- Information (such as your name and user name and e-mail address) provided during registration;
- Information provided when logging into the user account (such as login and password details);
Further information may be required depending on the type of services you have selected. The information required for the provision of the service is marked accordingly. All other information is provided voluntarily.
We process your personal data for the following purposes\:
- Identification of you when you log in;
- Provision of the services and information offered via the website or which you request;
- Administration of your user account;
- Communication with you;
- (behavior-based) advertising and profiling
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 of the German Data Protection Act (data protection act). 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO.
The use of your personal data for the purpose of behaviour-based advertising and profiling is based on the legitimate interest to increase your user experience, Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.]
We process the personal data and contact data provided by you in the context of registration in order to inform you directly about our other products and services. The use of your personal data for the advertising of related products and services by way of direct advertising represents a legitimate interest for us as the provider of this website, Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
You may object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct advertising at any time. We will then refrain from further processing for such purposes. You can send us your objection as follows\: Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Abraham-Lincoln-Str. 46, 65189 Wiesbaden, Germany, email@example.com
Provided that no exceptions within the services listed below apply, your personal data will be stored for as long as you use your user account. After deletion of your account, your personal data will be deleted during the next regular database cleanup. Legal storage obligations or the requirement of your personal data for legal action due to misconduct in the use of services or payment problems can lead to us storing your personal data for longer. In such a case we will inform you accordingly.
.\n\nV. Information about special usage options, that require registration
In order to use one of the functions described below, you must first create a user account as described under IV.
1. Test subscriptions and fee-based contracts
As a registered user, you have the option of subscribing to certain areas and/or journals and/or purchasing individual issues of journals or individual specialist articles for a fee. In addition, you may be able to access content free of charge for a limited period of time. Orders are placed directly online. On the order form (also in the case of the free test access) we ask for the following data to enable us to assign the form and to complete the order\:
- your first and last name, gender, title,
- your postal address incl. telephone as well as a separate delivery address if the selected subscription contains printed matter,
- your field of study and focus of activity,
- If you order as a business customer, additional company name, company type and industry and sales tax ID number,
- If you order as a business customer, additional company name, company branch and sales tax ID number.
If you as a customer of a print subscription access online accessible contents of your print subscription, we additionally collect and process the following data\:
- License key of your company subscription or
- Customer number of your print subscription.
With your e-mail address you can subscribe to our newsletter, which informs you about our latest products and services, if you agree to receive the newsletter. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO. We store your e-mail address as long as you use your user account.
The service is provided using the so-called "double opt-in" procedure. You will receive an e-mail with a link that you can use to confirm that you are the owner of the e-mail address and that you wish to be notified via our e-mail service. If your subscription is not confirmed within 96 hours of requesting the confirmation e-mail, your personal data provided will not be processed, but will be automatically deactivated and deleted with the next data check (usually within one week).
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking on the link contained in each newsletter.
We do not process your personal data for automated decision making that has legal effect on you or similarly significantly impairs you.
1. General analysis information
For our statistical analysis, we use web analysis services that collect data about the use of this site.
The analysis services collect information such as
- Device and browser information (device type, operating system, browser version);
- IP address;
- Viewed websites, URL click stream (order in which pages were viewed);
- Geographic location;
- Date and time of website visit;
- Reference page, application or service;
If cookies are used for analysis (small text files placed on your computer by a web beacon), this is indicated in the service provider information below.
You can prevent such cookies from being set as follows\:
(i) By making the appropriate setting in your browser that blocks the setting of cookies by third parties,
(ii) by deactivating the Service Provider's interest-related advertising under the link mentioned in the information on the Service Providers below,
(iii) or by deactivating cookies in general, e.g.B. under http\://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin.
We only use the information provided by the service providers to determine the most useful information for you and to improve and optimise this website. The information collected with the help of the analysis services is not linked to personal data.
Depending on the provider, data generated about your use of this website may be stored and processed in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as the United States. For more information on the potential risks of cross-border data transfers, see XII. The analytics services only collect the IP address that is assigned to you when you visit this website, not your name or other identifier. The provider uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website use and to provide us with other services for the use of the website and the Internet.\n
The legal basis for this processing is art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. The processing is based on our legitimate interest in evaluating the data traffic on our website in order to increase your user experience and for general optimisation of the website .
2. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”). Google uses the information obtained from the cookie on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website use and to offer us other services for the use of the website and the Internet.
We have activated IP anonymisation at Google Analytics. Your IP address will therefore be shortened beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other data held by Google.
You can prevent such cookies from being set as follows\:
- By making the appropriate setting in your browser that blocks the setting of third-party cookies (please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of the website)
- You can also prevent Google from collecting and processing data about your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in that Google offers under the following link\: http\://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Further information about data protection and Google Analytics can be found on the Google website\:
Your personal data will be disclosed to the following third parties for the purposes stated above\: Geneon GmbH in 90449 Nuremberg. The legal basis for this transfer of your personal data is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. b and f DSGVO. With it, we pursue our legitimate interest in providing and optimizing our services.
Some of the recipients named above are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Further information on cross-border transmissions in general and transmissions outside the EEA can be found at XI.
We may disclose anonymous aggregated statistics about users of our websites in order to describe our services to potential partners, advertisers or other reputable third parties and for other legal purposes. However, these statistics do not include any personal data.
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following contractors who support us in providing our services\:
- AD.CONNECT\:Design in 63776 Mömbris, Germany
In the event of a restructuring or sale of our company to a third party, the transfer of your personal data in accordance with applicable law to the restructured company or third party is possible.
If we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (e.g. due to applicable law or a court order), we may disclose your personal data as well.
Within the scope of the above, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries (including countries outside the EEA) where data protection standards may differ from your place of residence. Please note that data processed in other countries may be subject to foreign laws and are accessible to local governments, courts and law enforcement and supervisory authorities. However, when transferring your personal data to such countries, we will take appropriate measures to secure your data appropriately.
When transferring your data to a country outside the EEA, the transfer is protected by the EU-US Privacy Shield. For further information on the above-mentioned security measures please contact the Group Privacy Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have appropriate, state-of-the-art security measures in place to protect your data from loss, misuse and alteration. For example, our security guidelines and data protection declarations are regularly reviewed and improved as necessary. In addition, only authorized employees have access to personal information. Although we cannot guarantee or warrant that data will never be lost, misused or altered, we do everything in our power to prevent this from happening.
Please note that transmitting data over the Internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of the data entered on our website during transmission over the Internet. This is done at your own risk.
Our goal is to process your personal data as little as possible. If this statement does not specify an exact retention period, we will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected and - if applicable - as long as it is legally required.
Depending on the circumstances of the specific case, you have the following rights to privacy\:
- access to your personal data and/or request copies of such data. This includes information on the purpose of the use, the category of data used, its recipients and authorised persons and, if possible, the planned duration of the data storage or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
- to request the rectification, erasure or limitation of the processing of your personal data to the extent that their use is prohibited by data protection law, in particular because (i) the data are incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, (iii) the consent on which the processing was based was revoked, or (iv) you have successfully exercised a right of objection to data processing; in cases where the data are processed by third parties, we will forward your requests for rectification, cancellation or limitation of processing to those third parties, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort;
- to refuse your consent or - without affecting the lawfulness of the data processing carried out before the revocation - to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- not to be subjected to a decision based exclusively on an automated processing which has legal effect on you or which significantly impairs you in a similar manner;
- to request the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format and to forward this data to another responsible person without obstruction by us; If necessary, you also have the right to demand that we transfer the personal data directly to another responsible person, as far as this is technically feasible;
- to take legal measures or to call the responsible supervisory authorities if you are of the opinion that your rights have been violated as a result of a processing of your personal data that does not comply with the data protection regulations.
In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time\:
- if we process your personal data for purposes of direct marketing; or
- if we process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests and there are reasons arising from your particular situation .
You can (i) exercise the above rights or (ii) ask questions or (iii) lodge a complaint against the processing of your personal data by us by contacting us as indicated below.
You are welcome to address any questions, concerns or comments regarding this data protection declaration or inquiries regarding your personal data to our Group Privacy Officer by e-mail. You can reach our Group Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
The information you provide to us when contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (first name, last name, telephone number, e-mail address, message) will only be processed in order to process your request. They will then be deleted immediately. Alternatively, we restrict the processing of your personal data in accordance with the statutory provisions on storage obligations.